If you plan to sell alcohol as part of your business in Butte County, you will have to obtain a liquor license.  California mandates that any establishment in the state that serves alcohol to be consumed on or offsite must have a license to do so. Unfortunately, state and local laws cap the limit on how many licenses can be issued in the state, which puts many licenses in the hands of private sellers. The process to buy one can seem intricate and time-consuming, leaving some business owners at a loss about how they can possibly acquire the alcohol permit their aspirations require. License Locators offers services that can make the process easier and help you acquire your alcohol license faster. We can help you stay ahead of the stiff competition by aiding you every step of the way.

    In order to purchase a liquor license in Butte County, you will have to follow local and state regulations as per the department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (or ABC).There are different kinds of alcohol licenses for different establishments, and before you apply for one you must know which kind of business you want to operate.  Initially, you will have to provide proof of the lease or ownership of the property on which you are selling the alcohol.  It follows then that you will have to acquire the appropriate zoning permits to establish the boundaries of which the license will apply. The initial process may feel daunting at this point, but License Locators will help you navigate this so you can open your dream bar, liquor store, or restaurant.

    39906854 - glasses of whiskey with ice on black stone table

    When you reach the step where you can actually buy the license, you will meet a lot of buyers who wish to do the same.  The prices of a California liquor license will vary depending on the market.  This means that if demand is high, so will be the price.  However, understanding what kind of license you need is the best way to start.

    Planning on opening a nightclub or bar for clientele 21 and over?  If this is your business, you will need a Type 48 License.  This license permits the sale of only wine or beer in a place that is not selling food. With a Type 48 license, patrons cannot consume the beverages offsite; they can, however, enjoy their libations as much as they want within the confines of your establishment.

    Restaurants or eateries that serve beer and wine only will need a Type 41 license.  Fine-dining restaurants that offer only an extensive wine list and some beers will likely have this license. On the other hand, if you plan to serve wine, beer, and liquor, you will need a Type 47 license. Unsure of which one you need?  License Locators will help you determine which one is best for your vision and will scope out what you are looking for.

    If instead you are going to open a liquor store or convenience store with the intention of selling alcohol, there are yet two other licenses to consider.  The two permits offered allow for the selling of sealed alcoholic beverages that are only allowed to be consumed offsite.  Those who are interested in opening this kind of establishment might be happy to know that these licenses are sometimes the cheapest of all.  Nonetheless, these licenses also share the same cap per county—meaning that there will still be some competition.  If you wish to sell alcohol for this purpose, you will look for Type 20 or Type 21 liquor licenses.  The Type 20 license permits you to sell beer and wine, while the Type 21 license will allow the sale of liquor in addition to beer and wine.

    After reading this, you may feel like getting a liquor license may be an insurmountable obstacle to opening your business. You do not have to do it alone.  License Locators will gladly aid you in gaining the zoning permits you need, helping you sort through which license to get, and guide you through finding a fair price within the market. Do not hesitate to ask for help now so that you can reach financial success sooner.

      Your Name (required)

      Your Email (required)


      Your Message