If you would like to open an establishment that sells alcohol in Shasta County, California, then you will need to buy a liquor license.  California has strict stipulations regarding the distribution of liquor licenses.  The department of Alcoholic Beverage Control limits the number of licenses distributed in each county in the state.  This means that licenses will often fall into the hands of private sellers.  With private sellers in control, stiff competition can allow them to raise prices if the demand is high.  The price will inevitably fluctuate, which will make the prices somewhat unpredictable.  In addition, there are certain precursory measures to take in order to apply for a license.  From Redding to Round Mountain, Obie to Shingletown, License Locators is here to guide you through the process by giving you expert consulting advice and brokerage services.

19557172 - a glass of red wine next to a decanter with an oak cask in the background.

The ABC has some preliminary requirements before you can apply for a permit in Shasta County.  In order to do this, you must first provide proof of your lease or ownership of the property.  Next, you have to acquire the proper zoning permits.  Zoning permits will outline where you can sell your alcoholic beverages.  License Locators will advise you if you need help navigating the zoning permit process.

Once you reach the point where you can apply for the permit, you must be aware of which permit you need.  Different licenses are required depending on the kind of business you want to open and the selection of alcohol you want to sell.  Whether you seek to open a restaurant, bar, nightclub, or liquor store, you will discover that there are several different licenses that will dictate what you can legally sell and where.  The ABC offers several licenses:  A Type 20, Type 21, Type 41, Type 47, or Type 48.  This may seem overwhelming but the licenses can be simplified depending on the business you want to run.

Those who own nightclubs and bars that sell only alcohol exclusively will obtain a Type 48 license.  This license allows for the sale of alcoholic beverages to those 21 years of age or older and must be consumed within the premises.  If instead you hope to open a restaurant, or any other eatery that you intend to sell alcohol, you will need a Type 41 or Type 47 license.  Breweries that serve exclusively beer and also serve meals will likely possess a Type 41 license.  If you are a specialty restaurant that serves whiskey cocktails, then you will need a Type 47 license.  With this license, you can sell liquor in addition to beer and wine.  Make sure that if you want to sell liquor, that you obtain this license.

Another kind of business that sells alcohol would be a liquor store.  Any convenience store or supermarket that sells alcohol must purchase a license as well.  To sell wine, beer, or liquor you must have either a Type 20 or Type 21 license.  If you are opening a convenience store that will only sell beer and wine, then a Type 20 license will suite you best.  Liquor stores, however, will have a Type 21 license.  The Type 21 license allows proprietors to sell wine, beer, and liquor.  All of these licenses require that the beverages be sold in sealed containers and be consumed offsite.

The process of obtaining one of these licenses can be a lengthy one.  Going through the routine of gaining the lease, zoning permit, and finding the right seller who will give you a fair price has the potential to be frustrating.  License Locators provides professional services so you can get a step ahead of the competition.  Our experts will consult you on how to find the right license for you at a fair price so that your business can flourish.  Let us help you every step of the way to give you confidence in the success of your business.